My Sites and Where I Contribute
I write and manage several sites, and contribute on others, such as:
- technical how-tos and information for growing a business at When I Have Time
- food and travel at Ms. Adventures in Italy
- co-hosting an all-Italy podcast at Eye on Italy.com
- creator and co-host of World Nutella Day
Freelance Projects, Articles, and Photography
I am available for freelance feature articles and occasional contributions, photography assignments and photo essays, as well as consultations, on the following subjects (I’m open to subjects not listed here, too). I sell stock photography through Getty Images and sell direct, too.
Contact me regarding a freelance project.
- small business entrepreneurship and growing a business (especially digital strategy)
- web 2.0, new media, emerging technologies, open source, and community-building
- blogging, communication, personal branding, and networking strategy
- technology how-to, tutorials, and practical explanations
- recipe developer and in-depth feature articles about food culture and regional specialties in Italy and other parts of the world
- Italy and Italian cuisine, culture, travel, and expat life
- photography (still life, travel, food photography, street food, urban, culinary, portraits, weddings)
- “Stop Sabotaging your own Success: a Manifesto” – Women 2.0. [Article].
- “Collaboration Tools For Entrepreneurs To Create, Collaborate, Communicate” – Women 2.0. [Article]
- Zagat Survey 2011- World’s Top Restaurants, 4th edition (print), Milan; select text and updates, (online/print).
- Fodor’s Travel Guides, “Venice and the best of Northern Italy” (1st edition) - Milan & the Lakes chapter curator (Fodors.com and print editions).
- “Hidden Demons of High-Achieving Entrepreneurs” – Women 2.0. [Article]
- “The Hedgehog of the Sea” – La Cucina Italiana Magazine (US print edition). [Photography]
- “Macarons New Popularity Worries Fans” – Wall Street Journal (online / print). [Photography]
- “To Dance with your Hands (YouTube)” – Big in Small, Suzuki Europe. [Video proposal, shooting and post-production]
- A portion of my article “Advantages & Disadvantages of Electronic books” is reprinted at EbookWeek.com. [Article]
- Small-things.eu website contributor, Big in Small, Suzuki Europe. [Articles]
Some articles: The New Age of Patronage – how the future of supporting the arts is in every one of us, What’s in a Password?, Infographics are the new Typography, Digital Doppelgangers – your avatar and you, The Stats of Life – why we love statistics about our own lives, Google Wave – a quick intro and some tips, Apple, a modern-day oracle? – how rumors fuel our thirst for innovation and the next big thing, The new old way: Barefoot running.
- “Travel Blog Exchange: interviews to bloggers” – Moleskine.com. [Videos]
- “Networking for Designers (and everyone else!)” – Design*Sponge. [Article]
- “How to Use Google Alerts – 5 Quick Ways to Get News About You & Your Blog” - Food Blog Alliance. [Article]
- “How to Show Your Soul and Engage Users with Twitter: (Tips For Brands and Non-Profit Organizations)” – Darren Rowse (ProBlogger)’s TwiTip. [Article]
- 91 Disputable theses for a different Marketing – Translation into English for Gianluca Diegoli, 2009 [Translation].
- “6 Tips for Using Your Twitter Profile to Get New Followers” – Darren Rowse (ProBlogger)’s TwiTip. [Article]
- “The Green Guide to Milan” – The Traveler’s Notebook. [Article]
- “The Study Abroad Guide to Italy“ – Matador Study. [Article, Photography]
- “Shoe Shots: Milan“ – WSA Today (print version). [Photography]
- “MICAM: Feelin’ Fine“ – WSA Today. [Article, Photography]
Advertisements, Copywriting and Translations
- Bocconi University MBA Program “Empowering Talent” campaign – The Economist [Copywriting, Translation]
- www.Galbani.co.uk [Copywriting]
- Il Ponte sull’Adriatico – The Bridge on the Adriatic. [Translation, 150pp]
Popular Articles from my food and travel site, Ms. Adventures in Italy
- How to Avoid a Pickpocket
- How to Order an Italian Coffee in Italy
- Laduree Macarons and Finding the Perfect Macaron Recipe
- How to Live and Work in Italy
- An Introduction to Italian Candy – Caramelle
- Catching and Eating Ricci di Mare, Sea Urchins
- Drunken Devil’s Food Espresso Cupcakes
- Watermelon Sorbetto Granita from the Perfect Scoop
- La Torta Setteveli, Seven Veils Cake
- How to Make Hot Pepper Chili Oil
Popular Articles from my business and technology site, When I Have Time
- Stop Sabotaging Your Own Success: A Manifesto
- Tools for Entrepreneurs: Create. Collaborate. Communicate.
- Digital Curation: The New Frontier of Knowledge
- How to publish an ebook with Amazon Kindle in 7 steps
- No offense, I don’t want to be friends on Facebook
- Writers: Images on the Internet are not your ClipArt Gallery
- Photography Tips for Better Photos, No Matter What Camera You Have
- The Life List: Why to Have One, How to Create One
- 7 Easy Photoshop Tricks you can do with GIMP software (for Free!)
- The Quick and Dirty Guide to Getting Started with WordPress
- How I Organize my Email, Lists and Brainstorming: My Holy Trinity of Productivity
- Ask the Geek: How Should I Monetize my Website? Advertising And Understanding Website Conversions
Contact me regarding a freelance project.