Some of the press mentions I’ve received, often related to my involvement in the activities below.
Contact me if you’d like an interview for your next article.
Sometimes noted as:
- a freelance photographer
- an author of several books
- a food and travel expert at Ms. Adventures in Italy
- a technology maven and entrepreneur writing technical how-tos and information for growing a business at When I Have Time
- founder and co-host of the Eye on Italy podcast
- creator and co-host of World Nutella Day
- and a founding team member and organizer for the Girl Geek Dinners in Italy, Milan from 2008-2011.
Press for Sara Rosso
- A small selection of the hundreds of news articles in May 2013 about my founding of viral fan celebration, World Nutella Day, & receiving a cease and desist letter from Ferrero (makers of Nutella). I handled all press and coverage, and the situation has been positively resolved, but many articles are continuing to be written about it. See articles from: TIME, ABC News, Businessweek, LA Times, AdWeek, AdvertisingAge, News.com.au, NPR, The Huffington Post, Harvard Business Review, AOL, Corriere della Sera, La Repubblica, and many more.
- An interview with me on The Local.
- “How Automattic Empowers Women: A Culture That Neutralizes Gender” - Women 2.0.
- “5 Minutes with Sara Rosso” – WordPress.com News.
- “Yahoo Eliminates Work-From-Home Option, Sparks Intense Debate on Twitter” — Mashable.com. Also appeared on FOX News Channel 2, Bay Area. [web and television]
- “Automattic: hét voorbeeld van de ‘distributed workforce’. Interview met Sara Rosso” (interview about distributed workforce in Belgian) — Belgian Cowboys.
- “Inside Automattic, The Company Behind WordPress” — DailyTekk.
- “Milan: Elan” — The Financial Times. [print and web]
- “Food Lover’s Guide to Milan” — Stylist magazine. [print and web]
- “The Rise of Women in Italy” — Stylist magazine. [print and web]
- “Freelancers need to be more than a photographer” — Photopreneur.
- “How to make Basilcello” — BlogHer.com.
- “Eating, drinking and ordering like a local” — CNN’s Eatocracy.
- “Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg skips tip on Italy honeymoon, reports say” — LA Times.
- “How to eat: pizza” — The Guardian.
- Mother’s Day Celebrations in Italy and America — La Gazzetta Italiana (Cleveland, US). [print article]
- “Un caffé per favore!” — Trendtablet, FoodFuture.
- eBook Cover Design Awards, Non-Fiction Winner — The Book Designer.
- “Creative Commons Licenses” — La3 Television, Smart&App. [video and blog post in Italian]
- “Zwischen den zeilen…pixel” in Weave magazine (Germany) [print article in German about ebooks with regard to interactive design, conception, and development].
- “Socially Important People” — Glamour magazine (Italy). [print article in Italian, about using social networks and personal branding]
- “Intervista a Sara Rosso” — Girl Geek Life. [in Italian, about networking, working remotely, and WordPress]
- “iPad sì, ma non sostituisce il portatile” — Wired.it. [in Italian, talking about the iPad]
- “Negotiating a Raise in Today’s Economy” — Project Management Institute.
- Io Reporter — Sky News 24. [video in Italian, talking about technology in Italy, blogging, and the Girl Geek Dinners]
- Girl Geek Dinners – Neapolis — RAI / Radiotelevisione Italiana (Italian national television). [video in Italian, talking about the Girl Geek Dinners in Italy]
- “In Milan, the Best Meal Deal in Italy?” — New York Times.com – Frugal Traveler.
- “Fans Spread Nutella Buzz” — Brandweek magazine.
- “Nutty for Nutella” — LATimes.com.
- “There’s no need to give up peanut butter” — The Flint Journal.
- “Happy World Nutella Day” — LATimes.com .
- “Girl Geek Dinners” — La3 television, Italy.
- “Milano, Illinois. La notte elettorale degli americani d’Italia” (Election night coverage) — Panorama.it Blog [article and video in Italian].
- “Suffragette Nella Rete” — Io Donna magazine (Corriere della Sera) [print article in Italian, talking about women and the Internet].
- “Il Club Delle Geek Girl” — Vanity Fair (Italy), [print article in Italian, speaking about the Girl Geek Dinners].
- “Tecnologia al Femminile” — Scenari, RaiNews24, [video in Italian, speaking about ebooks].
- “La cena delle geek” — Glamour magazine (Italy), [print article in Italian, about the Girl Geek Dinners, and my favorite gadgets].
- “www.un’estategeek” — Glamour magazine (Italy), [print article in Italian, about my favorite online tool sites].
- “Tutte casa, lavoro e rete. Le geek girls sono tra noi” — Grazia magazine, [print article in Italian].
Press for Ms. Adventures in Italy
- Flickr Blog (German edition) : Your best picture 2009: Sweet temptations – my photo of Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Caramel and Pistachios was featured.
- BlogHer.com: Featured Blogger in Food & Drink (April 2011). 14 Days of Chocolate: Day 1 – Ms. Adventures in Italy’s Nutella Mascarpone Chocolate Cream Tarts (February 2011)
- 100 Must-Read Blogs..by Women (Blogtrepreneur)
- Channel4’s Around the Blogosphere
- On Serious Eats: Ms. Adventures in India, Tour of a Pugliese Bakery, How to Eat Fresh Sea Urchin, Photo of the Day: Italian Gelato in a Brioche, Photo of the Day: Army of Orecchiette, Photo of the Day: Caramel Macaron from Ladurée, Photo of the Day: Pear and Nutella for World Nutella Day
- DMBLGIT Winner – Does My Blog Look Good in This? Aesthetics – August 2007 for Marocchino (How to Order an Italian Coffee in Italy), Originality winner – July 2007 for Watermelon Sorbetto Granita, Honorable Mention: Use of color – April 2007 for How to Make Hot Pepper Chili Oil
Press for Girl Geek Dinners Milano, Italia
- Founding team member, organizer, and main sponsorship coordinator from 2008-2011 for the Girl Geek Dinners Milano, a total of 13 dinners and worked with brands Microsoft, Sony, Symantec, Kodak, Ogilvy, Dada, Moleskine, and Fiat.
- There is a list of all the press from 2008 – 2011 written about the Girl Geek Dinners in Milan while I was an organizer
Press for World Nutella Day
- Creator in 2007, and co-host (present). Official website: www.nutelladay.com
- Press coverage for World Nutella Day here.
Contact me if you’d like an interview for your next article.