Some of the press mentions I’ve received, often related to my involvement in the activities below.
Contact me if you’d like an interview for your next article.
Sometimes noted as:
- a freelance photographer
- an author of several books
- a food and travel expert at Ms. Adventures in Italy
- a technology maven and entrepreneur writing technical how-tos and information for growing a business at When I Have Time
- focused on healthy living at Food Blogger on a Diet
- founder and co-host of the Eye on Italy podcast
- creator and co-host of World Nutella Day
- and a founding team member and organizer for the Girl Geek Dinners in Italy, Milan from 2008-2011
Press for Sara Rosso
- “5 Minutes with Sara Rosso” – WordPress.com News, April 8, 2013.
- “Yahoo Eliminates Work-From-Home Option, Sparks Intense Debate on Twitter” — Mashable.com, February 25, 2013. Also appeared on FOX News Channel 2, Bay Area. [web and television]
- “Automattic: hét voorbeeld van de ‘distributed workforce’. Interview met Sara Rosso“ (interview about distributed workforce in Belgian) — Belgian Cowboys, January 30, 2013.
- “Inside Automattic, The Company Behind WordPress” — DailyTekk, January 10, 2013.
- “Milan: Elan” — The Financial Times, November 23, 2012. [print and web]
- “Food Lover’s Guide to Milan” — Stylist magazine, November 13, 2012. [print and web]
- “The Rise of Women in Italy” — Stylist magazine, November 13, 2012. [print and web]
- “Freelancers need to be more than a photographer” — Interview on Photopreneur, August 23, 2012.
- “How to make Basilcello” —BlogHer.com, August 6, 2012.
- “Eating, drinking and ordering like a local” — CNN’s Eatocracy, June 11, 2012.
- “Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg skips tip on Italy honeymoon, reports say” — LA Times, May 30, 2012.
- “How to eat: pizza” — The Guardian, May 23, 2012.
- Mother’s Day Celebrations in Italy and America — La Gazzetta Italiana (Cleveland, US), May 2012. [print article]
- “Un caffé per favore!” — Trendtablet, FoodFuture, May 2012.
- eBook Cover Design Awards, Non-Fiction Winner — The Book Designer, January 2012
- “Creative Commons Licenses” — La3 Television, Smart&App, July 2011. [video and blog post in Italian]
- “Zwischen den zeilen…pixel” in Weave magazine (Germany), June/July 2011. [print article in German about ebooks with regard to interactive design, conception, and development]
- “Socially Important People” — Glamour magazine (Italy), February 2011. [print article in Italian, about using social networks and personal branding]
- “Intervista a Sara Rosso” — Girl Geek Life – November 25, 2010. [in Italian, about networking, working remotely, and WordPress]
- “iPad sì, ma non sostituisce il portatile” — Wired.it, May 28, 2010. [in Italian, talking about the iPad]
- “Negotiating a Raise in Today’s Economy“ — Project Management Institute, March 15, 2010.
- Io Reporter — Sky News 24, February 27, 2010. [video in Italian, talking about technology in Italy, blogging, and the Girl Geek Dinners]
- Girl Geek Dinners – Neapolis — RAI / Radiotelevisione Italiana (Italian national television), October 19, 2009. [video in Italian, talking about the Girl Geek Dinners in Italy]
- “In Milan, the Best Meal Deal in Italy?” — New York Times.com – Frugal Traveler, March 24, 2009.
- “Fans Spread Nutella Buzz” — Brandweek magazine, March 14, 2009.
- “Nutty for Nutella” — LATimes.com, 11 February 2009. Syndicated nationally.
- “There’s no need to give up peanut butter” — The Flint Journal, Feb 24, 2009.
- “Happy World Nutella Day” — LATimes.com 5 February, 2009.
- “Girl Geek Dinners” — a service by La3 television, December 2008. [video in Italian]
- “Milano, Illinois. La notte elettorale degli americani d’Italia” (Election night coverage) — Panorama.it Blog, November 2008 [article and video in Italian]
- “Suffragette Nella Rete” — Io Donna magazine (Corriere della Sera), 11 October 2008 [print article in Italian, talking about women and the Internet]
- Interview with technologist and author David Weinberger for Intruders.TV (removed when Intruders.tv ceased operations in Italy)
- “Il Club Delle Geek Girl” — Vanity Fair (Italy), July 9, 2008 [print article in Italian, speaking about the Girl Geek Dinners]
- Interview with co-founder of WordPress, Matt Mullenweg for Intruders.TV (on English, Italy and UK sites)
- “Tecnologia al Femminile“ — Scenari, RaiNews24, March 8, 2008 [video in Italian, speaking about ebooks]
- “La cena delle geek” — Glamour magazine (Italy), May 2008 [print article in Italian, about the Girl Geek Dinners, and my favorite gadgets]
- “www.un’estategeek” — Glamour magazine (Italy), May 2007 [print article in Italian, about my favorite online tool sites]
- “Tutte casa, lavoro e rete. Le geek girls sono tra noi” — Grazia magazine, April 2007 [print article in Italian]
Press for Ms. Adventures in Italy
BlogHer.com: Featured Blogger in Food & Drink (April 2011). 14 Days of Chocolate: Day 1 – Ms. Adventures in Italy’s Nutella Mascarpone Chocolate Cream Tarts (February 2011)
Flickr Blog (German edition) : Your best picture 2009: Sweet temptations – my photo of Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Caramel and Pistachios was featured.
- Expat life: Interview with Sara Rosso on La Vita e’ Bella
- Interview with Sara Rosso on Girl Geek Life (in Italian)
- 100 Must-Read Blogs..by Women (Blogtrepreneur)
- An interview with Ms. Adventures in Italy on AndyHayes.com
- My submissions on Tastespotting (rosso99)
- Channel4′s Around the Blogosphere
- Family Oven’s featured blogger
- An interview with Ms. Adventures in Italy
On Serious Eats: Ms. Adventures in India, Tour of a Pugliese Bakery, How to Eat Fresh Sea Urchin, Photo of the Day: Italian Gelato in a Brioche, Photo of the Day: Army of Orecchiette, Photo of the Day: Caramel Macaron from Ladurée, Photo of the Day: Pear and Nutella for World Nutella Day
DMBLGIT Winner – Does My Blog Look Good in This? Aesthetics – August 2007 for Marocchino (How to Order an Italian Coffee in Italy), Originality winner – July 2007 for Watermelon Sorbetto Granita, Honorable Mention: Use of color – April 2007 for How to Make Hot Pepper Chili Oil
Press for Girl Geek Dinners Milano, Italia
- Founding team member, organizer, and main sponsorship coordinator from 2008-2011 for the Girl Geek Dinners Milano, a total of 13 dinners and worked with brands Microsoft, Sony, Symantec, Kodak, Ogilvy, Dada, Moleskine, and Fiat.
- There is a list of all the press from 2008 – 2011 written about the Girl Geek Dinners in Milan while I was an organizer
Press for World Nutella Day
- Creator in 2007, and co-host (present). Official website: www.nutelladay.com
- Press coverage for World Nutella Day here.
Contact me if you’d like an interview for your next article.